4.13.2011

God first.


"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth 
and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up 
for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust 
consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where 
your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matt 6:19-21  


this world is constantly telling us who we need to be. what clothes we need to wear. what body type/shape we should have. who we should be friends with. that something's wrong with you if you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend. the way we should wear our hair. the types of materialistic things we should own. where we spend our free time. the types of media we should own/watch. etc. this world is VERY demanding.


"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2


God has so much more to offer us-more than these temporary, unnecessary things the world has to offer.


We're all familiar with John 3:16, "For God so LOVED the world that he gave his only Son."


God requires that we put Him first in our lives. (but he does give us the free will whether or not to actually do this...) God wants us to desire Him and to love Him more than we love anything else in this world.
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment."
God desires to be first in our lives.  I am 100% confident that when we put God first in our lives, everything else will be provided for. I'm not worried about God providing, but I am worried about me putting God first. I think it's easy to say that we put God first in our lives...
but what does that really mean?

It means giving God absolute control over our lives; allowing His plan to be revealed to us and putting our faith and trust in Him.
It means putting God before our significant other, before our jobs, before our family, before our friends, before our possessions, before EVERYTHING. It means putting God before our fears, failures, successes, etc. Do we REALLY do this. Does God come before money or success for you? Do you listen when he answers you (even when it isn't the answer you were looking for)?    "Do you trust God that when He says no or "not in that way" to you, you still believe that He is good and doing what is best?" (Francis Chan, Forgotten God)

I think this is a challenging thing to do. But it isn't impossible.

God is bigger than all of my fears and insecurities.
God is far greater than any other man could ever be in my life.
God loves me for who I am, every single part of me, just as I am.

My God LOVES me unconditionally,  whole heartedly and would do ANYTHING for me--even die on a cross!



 (That's it for now--i'm really tired but this was on my heart so i felt the need to share it. hope it makes sense!, LOL)

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment