5.30.2011

jumbled mess. faith. love. prayer. and the future.

Things I need to work on:

  • not stressing out so easily
  • following God's guidance with more faith and less doubting
  • allow my Faith to overcome my fears, not the other way around
  • stop trying to control everything

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold.
 In my distress I called to the LORD;
   I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
   my cry came before him, into his ears.
[Psalm 18: 2, 6]




I truly believe that God has my best interest at heart and the He desires to bless me by giving me nothing but the best.

"Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them" 




"Faith means being sure of the things we hope for. And faith means knowing that something is real even if we do not see it....And without faith it is impossible to please Him.." (Hebrews 11:1, 6a)

My hope (and yours too) must be in the God who knows your past, present and future, and loves me (and you) enough to give us the best.


My heart is heavy as I write this blog and I must say I'm not sure where to begin. Between feeling pulled in many different directions and unsure of what God wants for my future. Knowing that someone I care about deeply is hiding things from the people who love them most--and there's nothing I can do about it. Except pray for this person...maybe that's enough. I feel led to do things, ministry related, but can't help but feel limited due to age, lack of knowledge, etc...but I have come to trust that when the timing is write God will reveal to me what I need to do next and how far I need to go with it. I struggle with trusting God 100% fully--and no, although I hate to admit it, I'm not afraid to admit that this is an area I struggle with DAILY. I've found my passions have only grown and gotten stronger over the past three years. And I've been struggling with feeling stuck until I finish school, and struggling with what direction to go with them.

My heart breaks knowing all of the temptations and peer pressures that teenagers (and even younger now) are facing. My heart breaks even more knowing which direction most of them seem to be choosing to go. And my heart breaks even more feeling like they truly don't know how much their God LOVES them.

I only hope that I can give a glimpse of the love that God has for us to others.

Sometimes I wonder how I could ever question God's intentions for me, especially when there are countless reasons to be reminded of how much He loves ME (AND YOU!).


Lord, open my eyes
so that I may see.
Reveal to me your will.
Give me the strength and courage to take the necessary steps.
Remind me of your will.
And open my heart so that I may accept it as you would have it.
Amen.


BTW, i have the BEST friends anyone could ever ask for. <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment