3.27.2011

wait patiently.





[["The Heavens declare the glory of the Lord" Psalm 19:1]]









---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


         So quite a few posts back I talked about how God had been telling me to wait on something...let's just say, I didn't listen. I mean, I still haven't gotten what I'm waiting for, but by trying to take control of the situation and not trusting God through this situation, I have only created more heartache for myself. I am a firm believer that good things come to those who wait, so all I have to say is that what I'm waiting for has got to be one of a kind, because I have literally waited all my life. "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him" (Psalm 37:7)
I was reminded, while in conversation with the adults on our trip last week that if it is written for me to have this, then God will provide for me... And I truly believe that to be true. But I haven't been acting on it. HELLO! God has been asking me to trust Him (in more than just this one area) but I have failed at doing that.
["Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5] This verse is one of my favorites among many, and every time I'm reminded of it I gain a new insight as to what it means to me. 
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
If God wants me to wait, then I'll wait. I mean, there's really not much I can do about it until God sends it my way. I have to trust that His timing is right, as it always is. And I'm going to use this energy that I've been spending on searching and thinking about it, and put it towards prayer and building my relationship and trust with God. And know "that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28).

So here's to being an obedient and faithful servant. And to patience.

God is good ALL the time.



Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (Deuteronomy 6:5) 

No comments:

Post a Comment